Crystal Core
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sol

Sol

Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. Empty
PostSubject: Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.   Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 6:16 pm

So!! What sort of games are you guys into? I know this board is for RPGs and whatnot, but I'm sure we all like a few other genres too. Beyond that, are there any RPGs you guys would recommend? Considering the upcoming Steam sale and all.
Back to top Go down
Pairjax

Pairjax

PostSubject: Re: Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.   Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 5:20 am

You FOOL. You've made a grave mistake
- ULTRAKILL. Jk you've already played.
- Remannt I/II (FPS Soulslike). Simple casual fun with a friend.
- King of the Castle (Narrative Party Game). Best party game ever made, hands down.
- Black Mesa (Singleplayer FPS). Excellent way to experience an old classic game.
- Deadeye Deepfake Simulacrum (2D Immersive Sim). Try the demo, see if you like it.
- Nova Drift (SHMUP Roguelike). Chill roguelike that I always come back to
- Wynncraft the MINECRAFT MMORPG, COMPLETE WITH RAIDS, SKILL TREE, AND QUESTS, COMPLETELY UNMODDED AND FREE TO PLAY.
- Moonring (Retro Turn-Based RPG). Free, neat lil turn-based exploration game.
- Inscryption (Unfolding Card Game). Honestly just a classic that everyone should try.
- corru.observer <- website

there you go
Back to top Go down
Mikkie
Admin
Mikkie

PostSubject: Re: Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.   Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:30 pm

I mean, a majority of games fit under the RPG category, people are just too cowardly to admit it. But seriously; if you don't mind my inquiry, since you mentioned other genres, are there other boards based on game genre you folks would want? bounce bounce bounce Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://crystalcore.forumotion.com
Sol

Sol

PostSubject: Re: Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.   Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 4:28 pm

Well, yeah, by definition, a lot of games do fit into the RPG category. As for the other question:

-Card games, perhaps? (i will never stop shilling ruina)
-Maaayybe more multiplayer stuff for socializing purposes, game seshes to be planned..
-Roguelike? Beyond the above two, I'm not really sure what else would click with everyone generally.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.   Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 1:35 am

RPGs elements can appear in other games that are not rpgs. For example, in Mario Golf Super Rush you can use different clubs and outfits for your Mii that can change their stats and perform to your liking.

Some of the games that I’m into are very Nintendo heavy. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc. As for other games I like Sonic, Pac-Man, Shantae, Persona 5(even though I haven’t played the original yet hahaha), Kingdom Hearts, and some indie games like Celeste and Chicory A Colorful Tale. I have heard that Sea of Stars is a indie game that is based off of Chrono Trigger if that is something you are interested in. Other than that I’m not sure what to recommend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.   Vidya. Maybe not just RPG. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vidya. Maybe not just RPG.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crystal Core :: Gaming :: JRPG/RPG Games-
Jump to: