Crystal Core
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Getting Started With Visual Novels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pairjax

Pairjax

Getting Started With Visual Novels Empty
PostSubject: Getting Started With Visual Novels   Getting Started With Visual Novels EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:38 am

I've always wanted to get into VNs but never knew where to start. Any genre, but maaaybe a preference for romance. Which would you reccomend?
Back to top Go down
Pairjax

Pairjax

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started With Visual Novels   Getting Started With Visual Novels EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:39 am

ough why did it double post
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started With Visual Novels   Getting Started With Visual Novels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:06 am

I don’t have many visual novels that come to mind but I heard that the Ace Attorney series is a good place to start. It has you look at places to look for evidence that are tied to trials, and during those trials you have to defend the person in court. It’s a mixture of text and puzzle solving if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
Jojoka

Jojoka

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started With Visual Novels   Getting Started With Visual Novels EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 7:44 am

Seconding ryan's suggestion of Ace Attorney!! The puzzle mechanics keep gameplay from being stale while also having the plot heaviness that entails from the story's unfolding drama. The whole original trilogy is available on switch and the second trilogy i think was released today! (1/25)

If you want a black/bleak comedy (tw themes of suicide and sexual harassment) Class of 2009 is... an interesting experience, quite the critique on the era.

Hatoful Boyfriend is a great choice of VN if you can find it online- comedy/romance, heavy on the comedy. The writing is entertaining as hell.

Let's see... technically Doki Doki Literature Club counts, I'll dub that as a

Disco Elysium is like if a visual novel swallowed a DND game master's notes and dice and regurgitated one of the most well written compelling stories I've experienced, though I'm still in the process of playing it

Now once you've played a couple of those, if you're into dark romance, want a game that leans heavy into classic VN presentstion and like games that bend tropes, and please check out Slay The Princess on steam. It's a romance! honestly!

happy gaming, my friend!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started With Visual Novels   Getting Started With Visual Novels Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Started With Visual Novels
Page 1 of 1